Thursday, April 28, 2011

What's a cereal company to do?



For decades, cereal companies like Kellogg's, used promotion items, (as well as popular character's), to promote their products to customers.


Now the Federal Trade Commission, is offering guide lines, (voluntary principles), to guide the food industry in it's efforts to self regulate what people eat.


Now, I may be a bit biased here, but I don't think toys in a Happy Meal, or a cereal box is the reason we've become a nation of obese, unhealthy kids. I think the disappearance of school activities, gym requirements, and the time children are allowed to sit on their butts and play video games instead of actual physical activity has something to do with it.


I'm sure glad we've solved all our nation's pressing issues, so that politician's can now focus their vital energy telling companies, how to make and advertise their products. I don't usually vent on my site, but I think this is a really mis-guided effort to solve a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment