Friday, August 2, 2013

Highlights from the EAA!

Good day everybody. Pat here with a report from the Experimental Aircraft Association Convention. Last Monday I made a pilgrimage to Osh Kosh to attend the EAA Fly-in, with my best pal, Bob Lyman.


We had a great day seeing the famous war birds of yesteryear, and enjoyed talking with some very interesting people at the show.

We talked with photographer, Christian Kiefer who takes photographs of famous war planes. We bought his photo calendar, and had it signed by one of the models who posed with the war bird in WWII attire.




We had a swell visit with Karyn Taylor, an author who wrote a book about her father, Maj. Welton I. Taylor, a Tuskegee Airmen. She detail's his career in WWII, flying as a spotter pilot in the Pacific theatre. I bought the book!

Bob, and I had a great day looking at the great number of plane's. (I think Bob, is as big a nut about old planes as my brother, Scott!) Maybe next year we get the two, together?

Here are just a few of the planes we enjoyed!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment