Thursday, August 29, 2013

Back home in Battle Creek

Well that was scary.

Last Wednesday ,I received a very frantic call from my mom saying my dad had a stroke. He had been taken to St. Luke's Hospital to have emergency brain-surgery. I packed some things, and drove to Milwaukee to assist mom, and help her in anyway I could.

Thursday, my dad was awake, and to my surprise, he seemed pretty good, (aside from the nasty scar that gave testimony to the surgery he had just survived!)

By Friday, he was walking a little, eating, and seemed on the mend.  He seemed to get better each day there after. By Tuesday, the doctors said, he had progressed so fast, they couldn't justify keeping him. He still needs medication, and some follow up exams, but all things considered, I don't think you could hope for a better outcome.

It truly is a miracle, dad has pulled through! Now I'm home in Battle Creek. Happy and relieved!

No comments:

Post a Comment