Monday, August 15, 2011

Blast from my past!

When I was thirteen years old, my family had moved to Pine Avenue in Bay View. It was a pretty big adjustment, new friends, new school, new everything! My brother Scott and I shared a bedroom adjacent to the attic. It was there I found an old book, that became a treasure of untold wonder!

Until that book, I barely knew Edgar Rice Burroughs as the author of the old Tarzan books. Little did I dream, that he had also created a science fiction creation, John Carter of Mars. That day, that first day in the attic, I began to read "The Princess of Mars". It was such an amazing good yarn! I still treasure those glimpses of Mars! I am therefore looking forward to this little Disney gem coming out next year! Have a peek for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment