Monday, March 28, 2011

401K, IRS, and me!

Hi there, it's me, Pat, with a slice-o-life story for you! Back in 2009, my 401 K account, offered several changes, and long story short; I would have to choose which option I would transfer my account to. (My credit union, told me, it was necessary to come in, and sign the paperwork!) I did. I rolled the 401K into another 401K account. Signed the papers and went on my merry way. Merry; until the mail arrived today saying I received a cash pay out in 2009, and now owe the IRS $5,000! Back to the credit union I went, (along with Toni), to get this straightened out. "No I didn't get a pay out. Yes I did roll it into another 401K account!" (You ought to know; they were both at your institution!) "Yes I do want this straightened out. Yes I do want a letter saying it was an accounting error on you're end!" Long story, I know. Happy ending pending!

No comments:

Post a Comment