Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wolf sighting!

Good morning. Pat here, with a strange little tale, about an incident last night that I still find pretty amazing. (And funny!) Last night Toni and I got back from our walk around the neighborhood about seven o' clock. Toni looked out the back patio door an exclaimed, "what is that, a mountain lion?"

I laughed, took a look out the window, and had to blink once or twice before I could confirm, or deny what I had seen. NO! It wasn't a mountain lion. It was a large wolf! I have never seen anything that large, and stealthy, walk through the back yard. It strolled around the gazebo, but didn't approach the house!

I tried to get my camera, but it saw me move and it turned and walked back into the cornfield. Toni and I laughed about her thinking it was a mountain lion, but it did kind of walk that way. Like it was stalking prey!

Toni was on her cell phone talking with Chris, and when she said, "dad is going to try and get a picture", Chris exclaimed; "don't you go out there! He'll think you are dessert!"

No comments:

Post a Comment