Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ripping good tale


Hey and good morning...Pat here with a tidbit about a great adventure yarn with wee-small heroes. Mouse Guard by David Petersen. I discovered this budding artist's work about 2 years back, and he is an amazingly creative story teller.
Mouse Guard is a fantasy sword and sorcery epic told with mice as the main characters. Its a surprisingly solid story and wonderful art. (I guess if you were going to compare it to something, its kinda' like Watership Down meets Dungeons and Dragons!) I've enjoyed the heck out of these tales. I recommend them! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I've seen this one at the library, you're right. The artwork is amazing! Another great childrens book is The Arrival by Shaun Tan. It's a very unique way of portraying the immigrant experience. The artwork is mind blowing and the story moved me deeply. Really, check it out! I went out and bought it for my nephews birthday.

    ReplyDelete