Thursday, September 3, 2009

Post Office Crisis

Pat here with a frightening tale today. Christopher and I went to the post office to send a package off. We arrive, and find a long line for the counter. Needless to say, we are waiting a while.

Suddenly, the woman in front of me, pushes backward, and the next thing I see, there is an old man, laying on the floor. He had passed out. He begins to stir, is feebly trying to rise, and several people, (including me), are telling him lie still a moment, and get your wits about you. I could see that he wasn't well. Someone grabbed a chair that they had at the post office, and we got him in the chair. He was quite pale, disoriented and was shaking badly. (Meanwhile I told Chris to call 911 on his cell phone.)

Another elderly guy came in and said he had brought Jim to the post office. I'm looking into his face asking him, Jim do you know where you are? Jim? He feebly replied no. Fortunately the EMT's arrived 3 minuets later, and Jim was in good hands.

FYI...THE POSTAL WORKERS DID NOTHING THE ENTIRE TIME WE WE'RE ATTENDING TO JIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment