Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Healing Blanket


Today I have a very special post about my "healing blanket", and how it came to be. September 19 is a very special date for me. One year ago from this day, I came home after a week stay in the hospital. I had a tumor on my right kidney, and I had to have it removed.
My stay in the hospital was tough, but made easier by a special blanket, a special friend loaned me. It was a handmade quilt, sewn with special keepsakes, that mattered much to my friend, and saw her through her own ordeal.
I decided, I too, needed such a gift, one that would comfort me, and hopefully others too; that would say, "this too I will conquer and win"! One year later I pose with my new "Healing Blanket". It means a great deal about what we endure and why!

No comments:

Post a Comment