Friday, February 6, 2009

Man from U.N.C.L.E. fan

In the 60's, there was a spy show on TV called "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."! I was a super-huge fan. I remember one time having seen the shows star Robert Vaughn judo toss a bad guy over his shoulder, thinking, "I can do that". I promptly ask my cousin Wendy to be my stooge. I took her by the arm, and promptly tried to pull-toss her over-the-shoulder, just like our hero. Only to discover, (at just about the same moment, I dam-near puller her arm out of the socket), that it was a Hollywood trick! I promptly was punished and sent off to bed. (Funny, how often that happened back then?)

As you can see, I would have benefitted greatly from one of those disclaimer's, "Don't try this at home!"

Anyway, the prompting of this little sound bite, was I just started reading Robert Vaughn: A Fortunate Life, and it awoke a flood of fond childhood memories about the Man from Uncle!

Note to Wendy: "Sorry about that, chief!"
Music I'm listening to, what else-"The Man from Uncle" By Jerry Goldsmith! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment